Statistics on Abuse
- 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused before
they turn age 18.
- Children who experience child abuse & neglect are about 9
times more likely to become involved in criminal activity.
- Two-thirds of the people in treatment for drug abuse report
being abused or neglected as children.
- 80% of 21 year olds that were abused as children met criteria
for at least one psychological disorder.
- Child abuse crosses all socioeconomic and educational
levels, religions, ethnic and cultural groups.
"The bottom line is, it can happen to anyone – and it happened to me."